Thursday, September 15, 2011

Meeting 2: September

Pre-Meeting: I had the "What's in the Bag?" game set up. Girls had to reach inside paper bags to feel the items inside--but they couldn't look! They drew or described what they thought was inside. The bags had a mitten, a spoon, a small cat-shaped ring holder, puzzle pieces, and an umbrella.

Opening: We said the Pledge of Allegiance, the Girl Scout Promise, and I taught the girls the Girl Scout Law.

Song: The kaper girl chose to sing "Make New Friends."

Energizer: We did a quick energizer called "Dum Dum Dah Dah."

Circle: Several new girls joined at this meeting, so we played Lucy Lemon. (My name is Jacy, and I'm bringing Jambalaya to the picnic). I introduced the kaper charts to the girls--the first jobs had already been taken care of. They were really excited about the chart! Then, I revealed what had been in the bags! We went around the circle for each bag, having the girls  guess what was inside. I was surprised at how easily they guessed all the items--next time, I'll have to choose some more difficult things to guess!

Snack

Activity: The girls made "All About Me" collages, putting their names on the back. We'll use these at the next meeting!


Game: I had planned to play "The Wind Blows," but we ran out of time! Next meeting we'll work it in, though, since the girls seemed excited about it.

Closing: We gave the Friendship Squeeze.

No comments:

Post a Comment