Sunday, June 12, 2011

Get Ready For Summer!

With the Girl Scout year now over, it's time for Volunteers to kick back and relax ... right?

Well, sort of. I'd recommend taking the month of June to organize your materials, as does Girl Scout Leader-Creating One Meeting at a Time! By taking a few minutes to do this now, you'll be able to see what supplies you have left over from last year, and what you'll need to purchase to start the new year off.

I used the cheapest system available, shoeboxes. While you may opt to buy more attractive organizers, shoeboxes are easy to label and stack. Below, I've listed the organizational categories I created. What categories would you use? Leave a comment below!

Beads and String
Scissors and Glue
Tissue Paper
Construction Paper
Paint and Paintbrushes
Crayons and Markers
Miscellaneous Craft Supplies
Plates and Cups


Tune in next week, when I'll make recommendations for planning the first few meetings!

No comments:

Post a Comment